Our Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 School Day
Our school week totals 32.5 hours for Reception and Key Stage 1 children and 33 hours for Key Stage 2 children.
For all children, the school day begins at 8.45am. For Key Stage 1 children, the school day ends at 3.15pm and for Key Stage 2 children, the school day ends at 3.20pm
In the morning, all parents of children from Year 1 to Year 6 are invited to drop their child(ren) off at the drop off point at front of the community centre. Our Site Supervisor and another member of staff will be at the gate to ensure that the children enter the school playground safely and class teachers will be on the playground to greet them. We aim for this to alleviate some of the parking issues in the morning. Please be mindful when pulling into, and out of, the drop off point.
In the morning, we ask that children enter the playground alone to line up with their class.
- 8.35 am - Gates will be open by Mr Lyons and a member of SLT who will stand on the gate until it is locked at 8.40am. There will be teachers and support staff on the playground to greet and supervise children.
- 8.40 am – Gates to the playground will close and be locked. Registers close at 8.45am and any child arriving after this must be taken to the school office and will be recorded as late.
- 3.15pm – KS1 children home time (to be collected from the classroom door on the playground)
- 3.20pm – KS2 children home time (to be collected from their allocated door on the playground or as detailed below)
- Year 6 will leave from the main office exit
- Year 5 will leave from the main school hall doors
Children in Year 5 and Year 6 will be allowed to walk home alone from school with written permission from parents. There will be a letter sent home at the start of the academic year for you to provide this. If you change your mind at any point, please contact the school office.