Overview of myHappymind
We are proud to be part of the myHappymind Family!
As a whole school program, from nursery to year 6, grounded in science and dedicated to building positive mental wellbeing, myHappymind helps children understand how their brains work and creates a culture that helps to build children’s resilience, confidence and self-esteem. myHappymind also teaches the children how to self-regulate and manage their emotions in stressful times, allowing them to be their very best selves!
myHappymind Module Descriptions
- Meet Your Brain: Understanding how your brain works and how to ensure we look after it so that we can manage our emotions and be at our best. Growth mindset is a key part of this too.
- Celebrate: Understanding your unique character strengths and learning to celebrate them. This is a fantastic module for building self-esteem.
- Appreciate: Understanding why gratitude matters and how you can develop gratitude as a habit. Gratitude is key to well-being and resilience and we're all about making it a habit!
- Relate: Understanding why positive relationships matter and how to build them. We're focussed on the building blocks of good relationships and friendships.
- Engage: Understanding how to set meaningful goals that matter and how to keep resilient in times of challenge. This module is all about building self-esteem and resilience too.
myHappymind is a mental health and well-being programme to support children in learning habits to support their own mental health. It does also cover all the mandatory objectives from the DfE Relationship Education Curriculum and also around 70% of the PSHE objectives.
Below is the link to the Parent App introduction video that you might like to watch https://myhappymind.lpages.co/myhappymind-parent-app-introduction/
myHappymind has developed a set of resources for parents. These can be accessed online on your computer, or through the myHappymind app which can be downloaded on your device. The resources allow children to continue to practise some of the habits they have developed at school, such as Happy Breathing, and for you to learn more about what they are learning in the program. Also included are activities for you to do together at home, to complement the in-school lessons.
To access the materials, go to https://myhappymind.org/parent-resources and enter your name, email and authentication code. The authentication code must be kept within our school community and has been sent out via the school newsletter. If you need the code again, see the contact details below.
If you have any questions about the curriculum, please contact email@example.com (Mrs Barratt, Personal Development Lead) for further information. If you have any technical questions about accessing the resources, please contact hello@myHappymind.org